Our Mission: The mission of the Down Syndrome Association of Greater St. Louis is to benefit the lives of people with Down syndrome and their families through individual and family support, education, public awareness and advocacy.
Our Vision: The vision of the Down Syndrome Association of Greater St. Louis is to be the most comprehensive resource on Down syndrome. We envision a community where all people with Down syndrome can achieve their full potential.
Our Core Values:
- We value the role of families in meeting the needs of people with Down syndrome.
- We value the rights of people with Down syndrome to participate in decisions about their lives including having choices about where they live, learn, work and play.
- We value equal access to a comprehensive array of health care services.
- We value the importance of an informed and accepting community.
- We value a well-informed membership and highly competent leadership.
- We value excellence in services for all stages of life.
- We value the diversity in our community, which will be reflected in our membership, board and services.
- We value the contributions of our volunteers.
- We value grass roots participation in public policy making.
- We value research that is conducted within accepted human rights guidelines and focused upon improving quality of life.